Friday, November 23, 2007

Teamwork

As I visit Margaret in her very sleepy state, I have lots of time to sit and think. That doesn't happen very often... time to sit and think I mean. It has occurred to me how important it is that everyone work together. It is continually amazing to me the amount of people that it takes to pick up from one person not being there. Doug's sister and parents (in Wylie) have done so much to help, especially those first few days when everyone was a mess. Margaret's parents and sister have come in to help as well. Obviously there have been a few close friends who have been working tirelessly as well. When I added it up, it was like 8 extra people all trying to take care of what Margaret did on her own. That is pretty amazing!

It also helps me to realize the importance of family. Margaret and Doug are pretty darn blessed to have such amazing support. I know anyone who knows and loves them would step in instantly, but it sure is wonderful to have their support. It makes me wish my family were close by.

The most important thing though, is that even if we were all working our hardest, if we were doing it alone, it would never work. It is when we work as a team that we actually accomplish amazing things. The same thing happens for Margaret in the hospital. When she works with her nurse and doctor, that is when she starts to progress. It is truly important that we all work together to achieve the best results.

Just some random thoughts to close out the day.

1 comment:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

That's what I love about our ward. Together we are a team and together we can help. It is amazing to hear that eight people together can do what Margaret did alone. I guess it goes to show that no one can do anything like mom can.

I hope she continually gets better and hope to see her out of ICU soon!!!