Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wanted to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving. Oh how we are all grateful for the things we have, our health in particular.

Went down to the hospital last night. Margaret had an Angiogram yesterday and they did see a vasal spasm. They said it was small and so they just increased her blood pressure to support the artery so that it wouldn't collapse. Layman's terms as I understand them. They may or may not have to do another one and it sounds as if that meant it would be the full 14 days in ICU. Again, so many things are unclear.

After the surgery, she had to lay completely flat and still for 6 hours. This proved difficult. Denise, her sister, was down there until about 7pm and Margaret was still restless and moving. They said when she moved, her 6 hours had to start over again. I offered to go down and sit with her. By the time I got down there around 7:30pm, she had fallen asleep. She rested very peacefully until about 10pm when the 6 hour mark was up. The nurse came in and woke her up. She was happy to sit up and stretch a little. I got her to eat about 10 bites of food (we normally max out at 6) which was great. She gets very tired chewing. We chatted and laughed for a bit. Then I read to her out of Prelude to Glory. She is in the 7th or 8th book and on like chapter 40, so I had absolutely no idea what was going on in the book, but get this... that chapter there was childbirth!! Yep, childbirth on the prairie with a midwife and a wet nurse and everything. She thought it was pretty funny that I was excited. OK, enough side tracking. Sorry! Anyhoo, we read until about 11:30pm when my mouth was going to fall off and she was pretty tired anyway. I left her dozing with her classical music playing in the background.

I haven't heard of any updates today. My plan was to go down tonight, but the tritophan and a cranky baby are mostlikely going to keep me home. I will see her tomorrow for sure and update any changes at that point.

Lots of love and thanksgiving!